When it comes to locks – as with most things in life, there is a clear aspect of durability involved. In other words, they are not going to be in good standing forever and you have to change them from time to time. Now if you have had the same set of locks in your property for a considerable period of time, it is high time you considered the prospect of changing them at the earliest.
With that thought in mind, we look at 10 reasons for changing your locks today!
- General wear and tear – Being mechanized objects, viz. machines, there is obviously an element of lifespan which is involved here. As a savvy customer it is essential that you look at the condition of the locks on your property and in case they happen to be such that they clearly deserve to be changed, do not postpone doing so!
- Change in tenant as a landlord – If you have had a change of tenant on your property it is apt that you have the locks changed. Remember that you do not want to be in a situation where your new tenant finds that an older one has somehow gained access to the property thanks to the lock being the same as the old one. check Deadbolts Key for Home Security.
- Change in residence as a tenant – If you are a tenant yourself, you might be better off using your own locks instead of opting for the ones offered to you by the landlord – ones which previous tenants may very well have access to.
- Increase in threats – In case you sense situations where the number of attempted or actual break-ins around your neighborhood have increased significantly, it might make a lot of sense for you to change the existing locks in favor of ones which are far more secure.
- Temporary handover of keys to neighbors – Here we are not talking about say an evening out when you casually give the keys to your trusted neighbors for a few hours. Rather if you are going out of town for long and you know you will not be back for long, once you are back, it does make sense that you opt for a change in locks.
- Divorce proceedings – While going through divorce proceedings it does make a lot of sense that you change locks as quickly as possible. We all know how messy some divorces can get and in such a situation why allow things to escalate to a point where the claims simply continue to increase incrementally?
- Moving into a new property even as the owner – Even if you happen to move into a new property as the owner of that property, common sense says that you change the locks which can in fact be changed with ease. It’s impotent to use Reliable Emergency Locksmith Services.
- Service Personnel – Often we are in the habit of giving out house keys to service personnel working on our property while we are away. In such scenarios, once the job is done, you would be better off changing locks.
- Away for long – Even if you are not handing over the keys to anyone else but at the same time you are in fact going to be away for long, it might make sense that you change locks before you go, especially if the existing locks seem rather vulnerable.
- Advanced locks in the market – If you clearly see that there are more advanced locks available in the market while you are still sticking to rather old and hackneyed locks, it makes sense that you opt for any of the advanced models that you will find in the market.
So these are 10 reasons for changing your locks which we have put together for you.